Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
For Drivers In Somerset, Glasgow, Richmond & Surrounding Areas In Kentucky
With the freedom of driving also comes a lot of responsibility. There are nearly 5 million citizens living in Kentucky alone, meaning a high population of drivers vying for room on the road. Even the most careful drivers suffer an average of three car wrecks in their lifetime, so it's crucial to have the right auto insurance policy to cover yourself, your passengers and anyone else on the road.
First Insurance Group USA provides car insurance to drivers throughout Kentucky. We understand that you aren't just a number. Each client has different needs and different budgets, and we work to customize affordable policies for the right coverage. If you need a car insurance policy that fits your budget, connect with a friendly insurance professional today at (800) 511-2892 or fill out an online quote form.
Common Car Insurance Questions In Kentucky
What Auto Insurance Is Required By Law In Kentucky?
Kentucky requires all drivers to carry at least:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $10,000 in property damage liability
- $10,000 in personal injury protection
What Is The Cheapest Car Insurance In Kentucky?
Purchasing the minimum required amount of car insurance is generally the cheapest option, but this can also leave your vehicle open to expensive loss and damages.
How Are Auto Insurance Rates Determined?
Car insurance rates vary depending on several factors, including the location, the value of the vehicle, and the driver's:
- Credit score
- Driving record
How Many Auto Insurance Claims Are Too Many?
In general, it's best to keep to less than a claim a year. Policies may be cancelled in many cases where three or more claims are made within a three-year period.
How Often Do Car Insurance Prices Change?
Car insurance premiums may vary year to year, but accidents or changes during the policy year can also affect the price of car insurance.
How Much Is Car Insurance On Average In Kentucky?
The average cost of car insurance in Kentucky is about $2,050 a year (around $170.83 a month).
How Do Auto Insurance Deductibles Work?
An auto insurance deductible is an amount of money the policyholder agrees to pay before they can receive compensation on a claim. For example, if your car insurance deductible for collision coverage is $500 and you file a claim on this coverage, you will have to cover $500 for the damages before receiving compensation for the rest.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Every driver is different, so it's important to consider your specific car insurance needs. Aside from the required liability and personal injury protection, we also recommend drivers carry:
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for damage or loss of a vehicle due to fire, wind, hail, falling objects, lightning, theft and vandalism.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for damages or loss of a vehicle due to a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This coverage covers accidents involving another driver not carrying insurance.
- Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance can help with travel interruptions by offering tire changes and towing.